Classified Document Shredding
We have a heavy-duty document shredder that is made available for destruction of NPS classified documents. Due to equipment and staff availability, we are only able to accept limited quantities of classified materials for destruction. We do not process unclassified documents containing restricted, sensitive or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for other organizations.
Please observe the following guidelines:
- You must have written assurance that all materials have been cleared from the Security Manager's document tracking system. We cannot destroy items that the Security Manager is still tracking and under your custody.
- Bring materials in copier paper size boxes, burn bags, or similar.
- Items should, as much as possible, be in loose leaf. Please do not bring items in binders, folders, plastic covers, notebook covers, file holders, etc. as we will not accept them. The only exception is paper bound NPS documents (thesis, reports, etc.).
- Remove all large heavy-duty staples, binder clips, paper clips and other hardware from papers.
- Include only material that must be destroyed and have removed all unclassified material that may be disposed of by other means. If we find excessive amounts of unclassified materials we will ask you to return and pick up your items.
- Contact us at 656-2061 before dropping off materials to a Restricted Resources staff member. Please do not leave shredding unattended outside of Restricted Resources.