Military Creative Writing Outlets - Graduate Writing Center
Military Creative Writing Outlets
The creative outlets presented here invite you to explore the contextual landscape of military careers and delve into the unique and personal aspects of service.
Generating and reading creative writing strengthens language skills, enhances self-expression, and exposes us to different perspectives, deepening our understanding of ourselves and the world.
We encourage you to share these creative writing outlets with your colleagues and families to foster conversation and a sense of community.
Opportunities to publish and explore
- As You Were: The Military Review || contributor guidelines
- Collateral || contributor guidelines
- Line of Advance || contributor guidelines
- Military Review || contributor guidelines || DKL
- Proud to Be: Writing by American Warriors
- War, Literature & the Arts || submission guidelines || DKL
- The Wrath-Bearing Tree || contributor guidelines
- The Deadly Writers Patrol
- Icarus: Academy Journal of the Arts
- Iowa Review: Writing Resources for Veterans
- Military Experience & the Arts
- O-Dark-Thirty (Veterans Writing Project)