Print, Copy, Scan, Fax - Dudley Knox Library
Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
Print from your laptop, NPS-login computers, or Public Access computers. We have 7 printers from which you can print, copy, scan, or fax.
Once you set your passcode (you only have to do this once for each printer that you use):
- Click Print on any document.
- Note which printer your job went to.
- Go to that printer and release your job.
Public Access Computers
Print your document, and take the card with Owner and Passcode to the printer to release your job.
Please don't change the passcodes on the Public Access Computers.
Macs - Make sure you choose the Library Printers Preset (that's where your passcode is stored).
PCs - You need to enable Secure Print for every printer
- Look for your NPS username.
- If you used a Public Access computer, look for the workstation name. Example: pillar4a.
- If you used your laptop, look for your Admin name.
Check that you're at the printer where you sent the job.
For the Public Access computers, if you sent it to the default printer, make sure the passcode card matches the computer station.
For laptops, make sure you're on the NPS wireless, not the Guest Wireless.
If you're printing something from webmail, Sakai, Python, or some other website, try downloading the document first and then printing, instead of printing from the browser.
As a workaround, try sending your job to a different printer, and let the Information Desk know. The printer may need to be restarted.
Yes, you can change the print options such as single sided, color, stapled, hole punched, etc. before sending to the printer.
- Go to the Layout or Copies & Pages dropdown and find Xerox Features
- Go to the next dropdown and choose Paper/Output or Color Options and make your selections
- If you don't see some options, you have to first enable them in the Printer Options
- Remember to choose Library Printers in the Presets dropdown
- In the print dialog box, click the Properties button
- Make your selections from the Printing Options tab or the Image Options tab
This sometimes happens with PDFs. Printer asks for different paper size than normal.
Solution: Uncheck the "Choose paper source by PDF page size" box.
#1-5 1st Floor
#6 & 7 2nd Floor
If you just have to copy, scan/email, or fax something, use the dedicated machine on the 1st floor. We also have a stand alone scanner machine. Ask at the Information Desk.