Study Spaces - Dudley Knox Library
Rooms & Study Spaces
Individual or group study spaces
Find a space to meet your needs
Open Collaborative Workstations
- First come, first served
- 1st Floor: 3 workstations across from Starbucks
- Seats up to 6
- Two display monitors
- 6 laptop connections. You can check out Mac & PC adapters at the Information Desk.
Individual, Quiet Study Spaces
- 70 computer workstations
- Study carrels (with no computers)
- On the 1st and 2nd Floors
- Quiet study on the 2nd Floor along windows on each side of the public elevator
- Cell phone free zones
- You can make reservations one week in advance (mark it on the large calendar in the Lower Level) or
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 656-2947
- Located on the Lower Level
- Seats up to 20 comfortably (more if you are standing)
- Reconfigure the space to meet your needs: stand up, sit down, move the tables & chairs!
- Open collaborative workstations with plasma screens
- 4 laptop connections. You can check out Mac & PC adapters at the Information Desk.
- Interactive whiteboard: connect laptop to board (download drivers)
- Outlets, wifi
- Floor to ceiling glass writing surfaces
- Design supplies: sticky notes, balloons, crayons, marker pens, legos, Play-Doh, pipe cleaners
Restricted Resources Study Space
- For NPS students, faculty, staff, and visiting groups to NPS on official business
- Must be properly credentialed through the NPS Security Office
- Must be U.S. citizens
- On the 1st Floor
- Seats up to 8
- Plasma screen, white board
- Access to secure, classified network
- Word processing, spreadsheet and Matlab
- Photocopier for classified and unclassified copying
NPS students can reserve a station online for up to 1 hour at a time, up to 4 reservations per day. Ask for the key at the Information Desk.
- Private room
- 2 comfortable stations
- Cupboards, electricity, water
- Refrigeration/freezer available in separate room for short-term storage
Another location at Spanagel 209. No key needed.
Can I reserve a room?
NPS student groups can reserve our tech rooms and standard rooms
- max 4 hours at a time
- up to 2 reservations per day
(NPS login required)