Research & Writing Workshops, Library Tours, Thesis Briefs
We offer a variety of workshops teaching research and academic writing skills. We also provide general orientation tours and subject specific tours by request. See the links to the Thesis Processing Office for briefs and important dates for thesis and dissertation submission.
Research & Writing Workshops
A few of the many research and academic writing workshops the Library and the Graduate Writing Center offer:
- Basics of Academic Writing
- Constructing Research Questions
- Writing Winning Arguments
- Mastering the Literature Review
- Research Quickstart
Orientation & Subject Specific Library Tours
Each quarter, we provide orientations for incoming students as part of the campus New Student Orientation. In the orientation we show students a video tour of the physical spaces in the library, as well as an overview of our website.
Library Tours Fall Quarter 2017
- Wednesday 9/27/17 1210-1250
- Thursday 9/28/17 1210-1250
- Thursday 9/28/17 1500-1540
No registration required, just meet in the library lobby near the Information Desk.
- if you missed orientation, or if you are a faculty or staff member who would like to schedule a tour
- if you'd like an in-depth tour, covering resources and tools on a specific topic or field
- if you'd like us to come to your classroom to teach a workshop to your residential or DL students